Myanmar enjoys a tropical climate with a significant amount of sunlight per day throughout the year. Solar power generation is therefore an appropriate solution for much of the country. Such installations allow for the quick and cost effective deployment of lighting and scalable electricity to villages with lower incomes and/or limited sources of biomass. Our solutions are designed to allow the completion of a 30 house installation in one day using four Indigo Energy technicians and support from the villagers.
Benefits of Solar Power:
- Rapid and low cost installation
- Fuel source is the sun – it is free and the supply is fairly predictable
Disadvantages of Solar Power:
- Batteries are expensive and need to be replaced after a few years – which limits storage capabilities and increases costs
- Solar energy varies throughout the seasons and can result in lower electricity generation during the monsoon season
- Regular cleaning is required